Create a New Hire User Group
Web based Leave Management and Recruiting both require you to set up a user group for anyone who will need to see new hires. These could be managers, HR people, recruiters, or anyone else who needs to have access to newly hired employees.
To create a New Hire User Group
- Open the Administration menu and then the Security window.
- Click the User Groups tab.
- Click Add.
- Enter New Hires (or something similar) in the User Group Name box.
- Select a Security Profile to apply to the user group.
The Security Profile determines what menus and windows the members of the user group will have access to. If a suitable Security Profile does not already exist, you will have to create one.
- Click Save.
- Click the Modify button under the User Group Members pane.
The User Group Membership dialog opens.
- Select the users who you want to make members of the user group in the Available pane, and use the arrows to move them to the Selected pane.
- Click OK.
This user group will be specified as the default New Hire user group on the System Configuration window.