Creating Job Postings
The Manage Job Postings menu option allows Managers to create job postings online. Job postings can also be created in Quadrant Workforce.
To create a job posting
- Log on to QHRnet.
- From the Managers menu, choose Recruiting, and then Manage Job Postings.
The Manage Job Postings page opens.
- Click New.
The Job Posting page opens.
- Click Select a Position.
The Position Search dialog opens.
- Search for a position to create a posting for.
Several search options are available:
- Enter a position name or portion of a position name in the Position Description box.
- If you know it, enter a Position Code.
- Select an Employee Group.
- Select an occupation from the Occupation list box. In larger facilities the list could be quite large.
Note! If a Position Description in Quadrant Workforce contains special characters, such as ampersands, it could be truncated in QHRnet. If you find that descriptions are being cut off, you may need to open the Positions window in Quadrant Workforce (Configuration menu), and remove special characters from the position description.
- Click the Search button.
Any positions that match the search criteria appear on the Position Search dialog.
- Click a position, and then click the Select Position button.
The Description, Competition #, and Date Created boxes are automatically populated on the Job Posting page.
- If you want the competition to have a closing date, use the date picker beside the Date Closed box to choose a date.
- Select a UDF from the Applicant UDF list box (optional).
Applicant UDFs can be attached to specific job postings to get additional information from applicants. For example, if an applicant is required to take a test to help determine their suitability, a UDF can be used to provide a place for them to schedule a time to take the test. The applicant UDFs are of the Posting Applicant - By Posting UDF type and are configured on the User Defined Folders window in Quadrant Workforce.
- Select Internal or External from the Applicant list box.
- Click Submit.
The Job Posting Details page opens.
- Select a template from the Apply Template list box (optional).
You have the option of creating a job posting from a template. Job posting templates are created in the Configuration menu in QHRnet.
Besides applying a posting template, the layout pane at the bottom of the page allows to you write and format a job posting much as you would in Word. You can automate the process by using tokens, which bring in information from a database, in your posting layout. Typed text, tokens, and templates can be used in combination to create a job posting. To print a posting, select File>Print.
To use tokens in a job posting
Tokens are fields that you can place in your layout to bring in information from your Quadrant Workforce database. New tokens are created on the Job Postings window in Quadrant Workforce and are also known as Posting Information Attributes. Before you can use a token in a job posting layout, you must open the Attributes tab on the Job Posting page and select values for the Posting Information Attributes that you use as tokens in the posting.
- Click on the Attributes tab.
The attributes that appear are configured on the Job Postings window of the Configuration menu in Quadrant Workforce. Some are text boxes while others are list boxes that allow you to make a selection from a list of choices.
- Click in the Attribute boxes that you want to use as tokens in the job posting. Type entries that you want to appear on the layout in text boxes, and select values from list boxes. Tokens can be used to add specifics to different postings for the same position. For example, you create 2 postings for the same position but each is for a different shift or facility. The text and layout remains the same for both postings, but the details, for example shift, facility, start date, and so on are different. Some attribute boxes are straight text boxes while others are drop-down list boxes. If you do not assign a value to an attribute, but then use the corresponding token on the layout, no value will appear.
- When you've finished selecting values on the Attributes tab, click the Job Posting tab.
- Place your cursor in the white space of the layout pane.
- Click the arrow beside the Tokens list box.
A shortcut menu appears.
- Select a token, and then click Insert.
A field appears on the layout.
- Click the Preview button to see if data is appearing where you placed tokens on the layout. If pieces of information are missing, click the Attributes tab and add values for the missing tokens.
- Click Edit to open the layout pane again.
- Click Save to save the posting.
To use text in a job posting
- Place your cursor anywhere in the white space of the document window and start typing.
You'll have to click Edit first if you're re-opening a previously saved posting.
- Format the text using the toolbar options.
The formatting options available are similar to those found in Word.
- Click the Image Manager button to place an image in the posting.
- Click the Insert Symbol button to select and place a symbol such as a copyright mark or fraction in the posting.
- Click the Insert Form Element button to place buttons, text boxes, and forms in the layout.
To add attachments to a posting
The Attachments tab allows you to attach supporting documents to a job posting.
- Click the Attachments tab.
- Click the Select button.
A Choose File dialog opens.
- Browse to a file that you would like to upload, and then click Open.
- Click Upload File.
The attached document appears at the bottom of the tab.
- Click Delete to remove the attachment, or click Select to add another.
To add skills to a job posting
Skills are a very important part of a job posting. There are three types of skills in QHRnet - Skills, Soft Skills, and Education. Skills can be attached to a job posting to ensure that only applicants with the appropriate skill sets can proceed through the application process. Weighting is an important feature of a skill and is used in a calculation to rate applicants against a position's skill requirements.
- Click the Prerequisites tab.
- Click the Add link near the bottom of the page.
The Requirements/Skills dialog opens.
- Make a selection from the Skill Type list box.
The choices are Skills, Soft Skills, and Education.
- Select a skill from the Skills list box.
Skills are competencies and are configured on the Competencies tab of the Configuration menu in Quadrant Workforce.
- Leave the Required check box at the default setting or clear.
The Required check box is used to calculate a Deficiency Rating which tracks the number of requirements in which an applicant is deficient. If an applicant fails to match a competency that is flagged as required, a deficiency is recorded (numerical). This value is used to help determine the suitability of applicants. When flagging an item as required, remember that an applicant failing to match the required item is then assigned a deficiency. When selected, the competency is required. Applicants who do not have the required competency will be filtered out of the selection process.
- Leave the value in the Weight box at the default setting or change if required.
Weighting is used to quantify an applicant’s suitability for the posting. The value entered in this field contributes to the following calculation:
(sum of applicants weighting/total weighting) x 100
For example: a posting has 4 weighted requirements, each with a value of 10. An applicant has 3 of the 4 requirements. The applicant's suitability is calculated as 30/40 x 100 = 75 out of a possible 100.
- Type a comment in the Comments box (optional).
- Select an operator and criteria for the skill, if required.
Not all skills require you to select an operator and criteria. Where required, the operator you select allows you to fine tune your selection and the criteria available for selection will depend on the operator. For example, if you select Industrial First Aid as a skill, the operator and criteria fields could be used to select a level.
- Click Save.