Customizing Leave Management Emails
QHRnet Leave Management can automatically send e-mails to pre-defined recipients when certain actions are performed in Leave Management, for example, when a leave request is submitted or approved. Managers with sufficient security access rights now have the ability to customize the layout and contents of the default e-mails sent by Leave Management.
To modify an email
- Log on to QHRnet as a Manager.
- Click the Config menu item, and then E-mails on the shortcut menu that appears.
- Select Leave Management from the Module list box.
- Select an e-mail type from the Type list box. Several options are available:
- New Leave Request
- Approve Leave Request
- Deny Leave Request
- Modify Leave Request
- Cancel Leave Request
- Delegate Leave Request
- Create Delegation Period
- Update Delegation Period
- End Delegation Period
- Transfer Ownership of Leave Requests
- Leave Request Error - Invalid/Missing Employee E-mail
- Leave Request Error - Invalid/Missing Manager E-mail
- Leave Request Error - Manager not Assigned to Org Detail
- Leave Request Error - Position not Assigned an Org Detail Value
- Leave Delegation - Invalid/Missing Employee E-mail
- Select a token for the Subject line (Optional).
The Leave Management e-mail functionality gives you the option of selecting a token to add a subject line to the e-mail. The subject line is limited to 255 characters in Outlook. If the token selected creates a subject line that is longer than 255 characters, it will be truncated.
- Edit existing text or tokens, or add new content in the Message Body pane.
Any of the tokens on the pre-configured layout can be removed or replaced with new ones. Any of the text can be changed or new text added to the layout, simply by placing the cursor and typing.
- To view the layout as HTML, click the HTML button. By default, the E-Mails page open in Design Mode, and the content in the Message Body pane is WYSIWYG.
- Click Save to save changes made to the template.
Once a change has been made to a template, the Save button becomes active.