System Configuration for QHRnet
For QHRnet to work, the URL of the site must be specified on the System Configuration window in Quadrant Workforce. The information that appears on the Personal menu in QHRnet, for example, employee benefit banks, e-mail contact addresses, and Competencies, are also selected in System Configuration. Other information, such as Pay Statements, appears by default.
To make system configuration settings for QHRnet
- Open Quadrant Workforce.
- Open the Administration menu, and then the System Configuration window.
- Select Web from the Type list box.
- Click Edit.
- Click in the Value field in the Employee Benefit Bank row to activate a drop-down arrow.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a benefit bank from the list.
This specifies what benefit banks you want displayed on QHRnet. Benefit banks that appear on QHRnet are for reference only and cannot be edited.
- If you want to select additional banks, right-click the 1 at the left side of the Value field and select Add Row from the shortcut menu that appears. Another Employee Benefit Bank row appears, allowing you to select another benefit bank.
- Click in the System admin e-mail notif Value field and type the e-mail address of a system administrator.
If an error occurs in QHRnet, for example due to a problem with configuration, an error message will be sent to this e-mail address. You should use the e-mail address of the person who is the overall administrator of QHRnet.
- Enter the URL for the QHRnet Web application in the URL to Website field.
Ask your IT contact for the exact URL System Configuration should reference. Clicking the QHRnet button on the Master Profile window opens this website.
- Select a user group from the New Hire User Group field.
Members of this user group are managers, HR people, or recruiters who need to have access to new hires when they enter the system. If the New Hire User Group does not exist, you will need to create it. For instructions, see Create a New Hire User Group.
- Leave the Demographics: EE. . . rows at their default setting of Allowed, or select Not Allowed from one or all. A selection of Not Allowed prevents users from editing their demographic records in QHRnet.
Note! Clients who are currently using header/footer scripts to disable employee demographics edits must manually set the configuration options mentioned above to Not Allowed after upgrade. If this action is not performed, employees will be able to make changes to demographics in QHRnet.
- Select Yes from the Enable Volunteer Functionality list box to allow volunteers to create user accounts in QHRnet, otherwise, set to No. When set to Yes, volunteers have the same access rights as employees with the exception of job postings, leave requests, and Self Scheduling tabs.
- Click in an Employee skills to display row and select a competency from the list that appears. The choices are Designations, Education, Skills, and Soft Skills.
- To add additional competencies, right-click the 1 at the left side of the Value field and select Add Row from the shortcut menu that appears. Another skills row appears, allowing you to select another skill type to display on the Competencies page.
- Click Save.