Viewing or Editing Job Postings
After you've created a job posting, you may want to review it or make changes at a later date.
To review or edit a job posting
- Log on to QHRnet using your Manager user name and password.
From the Managers menu, choose Recruiting, and then Manage Job Postings.
- Select a User Group. Only the User Groups that you are associated with are available in the User Group list box. When you select a User Group and search for a posting, only those that the selected User Group provides security access to are available for viewing.
If there are a lot of job postings, you can use the filter options at the left side of the page to limit the number of postings:
Enter a position name or partial name in the Search by Description list box. QHRnet will autocomplete the description if there is a matching posting in the system.
- If you know the competition number of a posting, enter it in the Search by Competition # box.
- Click the status check boxes to narrow your results to show, for example, only active postings.
- Leave the Internal and External Posting Type check boxes at their default settings, or clear one to view only internal or external postings.
- Select a date for the Created After date box if you want to view only postings created after the selected date.
- Select a date for the Created Before date box if you want to view only the posting that were created before the selected date.
- Click the Search button at the bottom of the page. Any job postings that match your search criteria will appear in the list.
- Click the check box beside a posting, and then click the Template button to apply a template (optional). Clicking the Template button opens the Templates dialog. All of the existing job posting templates are available for selection from the drop down list. You can select multiple job postings to apply a template to.
- Click a posting, and then click Edit. The Job Posting page opens.
- Click the Job Posting, Attributes, Attachments, or Prerequisites tabs to edit the posting, add or remove competencies, attachments, or attributes, or remove the posting completely.
- The wording and layout for a posting is created on the Job Posting tab. To change the wording or design of the original posting, click the Job Posting tab, make the required changes, and then click Save.
- The attributes used in the job posting are configured on the General tab of the Job Posting window in Quadrant Workforce. To change the attributes that appear in QHRnet, you must change the Posting Information attributes in Quadrant Workforce. You can, however, edit the information contained in the attribute boxes.
- The Attachments tab allows you to upload additional documents to attach to the posting, or remove ones that are already there. Click Select to open a Choose File dialog. Select a file, click Open, and then click Upload File.
- On the Prerequisites tab, you can add or edit the skills that are a prerequisite for the position. Click Add to open the Skills/Requirements dialog and add additional skills. You can also edit or remove a skill by selecting it, and then clicking Remove.
To delete a job posting
Active job postings cannot be deleted. You also cannot delete a posting after someone has applied for it, even if you change the status of the posting to Inactive.
- Click a posting on the Manage Job Postings page.
- Click Edit.
The Job Posting page opens.
- Select Inactive from the Status list box.
- Click Save.
- Click the job posting on the Manage Job Postings page.
If the posting is inactive, and there are no applicants, the Delete button will be active.
- Click the Delete button to remove the job posting.